What problem are you trying to fix with a contract DBA or temporary DBA?
When you are looking for a contract DBA or temporary DBA ask yourself what is the core activity you need done.
1. Is it general purpose activities; such as routine DBA tasks, like data backups or software upgrades & installation.
2. Do you need a DBA troubleshooter to identify where system failures or performance issues lie. And do you need your DBA to fix those issues.
3. Are you in need of a DBA to create the processes and procedures your business needs to meet legal requirements.
4. Do you need a DBAs assistance to migrate your servers and data; to ensure you can scale your business systems safely.
5. Or are you looking for a DBA who can architect a new system for you from the ground up. A DBA who can design, develop and deploy your system expertly.